Since 1983, the Mission of Scholarship Fund for Inner City Children (SFIC) has been to provide partial tuition scholarships to enable low-income children living in the inner-cities and urban areas of Essex, Union, Hudson and Bergen counties to attend private and parochial schools.
SFIC assists families who seek a safe and nurturing school environment where their children will have the opportunity to receive high quality academic and character development education.
The Scholarship Fund for Inner City Students can be contacted in the following ways:
171 Clifton Avenue, Newark, NJ 07104
(Se habla español.)
Facts About The Scholarship Fund
- For families residing and attending Catholic schools within the Archdiocese of Newark (Bergen, Essex, Hudson and Union Counties).
- Scholarships are based upon financial need and are awarded without regard to religion, race or ethnicity.
- The average amount of the SFIC Scholarship Grants for the 2012-2013 academic year is $1,000 for Elementary and High School students entering grades K through 12 (All Pre-Kindergarten programs are not eligible).
- Applications will be available starting October 1, 2013 at your Catholic School office and at www.sficnj.org .
- Applications must be postmarked by December 31, 2013.
- Financial documentation is required along with the completed application.
- A $15 non-refundable Money Order payable to SFIC is required (one per family). No personal checks will be accepted.
- Only one scholarship per student. Students in grades K-8 receiving tuition assistance from The Children’s Scholarship Fund (CSF) program are not eligible for the SFIC scholarship.
- All applicants will be notified of our decision after April 1, 2014.
- Scholarship payments are made directly to the schools.
Application forms to apply for tuition assistance for the 2014-2015 school year will be available starting October 1, 2013. If you have any questions, please contact the SFIC office directly at 973-497-4279 or firstname.lastname@example.org (Se habla español.)