Saint Nicholas School, Jersey City, offers:
- Excellent, well-rounded academic program that meets or exceeds the New Jersey Common Core Curriculum standards.
- PreK program is hands-on with special emphasis on literacy; our engaged preschoolers are Kindergarten ready!
- Safe, nurturing environment to foster the intellectual, spiritual, social, emotional and physical development of every student.
- Pearson Interactive STEM based Science Program for Grades 5-8; access to Chromebooks for every student; advanced technology is infused into the curriculum for every grade!
- New Makerspace classroom to integrate STEM skills across the curriculum and foster 21st Century learning.
- Excellent high school placement; our graduates are awarded scholarships to the top Catholic high schools and gain admission to competitive public high schools each year.
You are cordially invited to take a tour with Principal Bernadette Miglin on any Tuesday to see the exciting possibilities of a Saint Nicholas education.
Saint Nicholas School: At-a-Glance
Motto: “Teaching Tomorrow’s leaders through tradition, community and academic excellence.”
Grades: PreK – 8th grade
Academic Highlights: Well-rounded curriculum, plus Pearson Interactive STEM based Science Program for Grades 5-8; access to Chromebooks for every student. Additional offerings include Spanish, music, art, technology instruction and physical education.While standardized tests are not the primary focus of our curriculum, Saint Nicholas students score well above the national mean for the 2016 Terra Nova assessment. Many students scored in the top quarter of the national percentile.
Technology: 2 Internet accessible computer labs; Apple iPad devices available for classroom use. All classrooms equipped with interactive whiteboards; all classrooms are Internet accessible.
Extracurricular Activities: National Junior Honor Society (Grades 7 & 8), Marist Scholastic Olympics, Student Council, IXL Math and Language Arts Program, Hudson County STEM Fair, STEM Engineering Club, St. Nicholas School Choir, Drama Club, Technology Club, Student Service Projects to benefit our community. Optional extracurricular activities include dance, ballet, Taekwondo and Arts & Crafts.
Sports: Track (K-8th grade), Volleyball (6th-8th grade girls), Basketball ( Boys 5th-8th grade and Girls 5th-8th grade) and Bowling (PreK-8th grade).
Outstanding Results: Nearly $450,000 in scholarships awarded to our graduates in 2017 from excellent Catholic high schools including: St. Peter’s Prep, Marist High School, Hudson Catholic High School, St. Dominic Academy and St. Mary’s Rutherford. 8th graders were also accepted to highly selective public high schools including McNair Academic High School, High Tech and County Prep high schools.