Lacordaire Academy is seeking a Director of Development for the fall of 2019. The Director of Development is responsible for leading the school’s Institutional Advancement program. The Director will also be responsible for developing and maintaining active and productive relationships with board members, donors, alumni, parent association, school administration and other Lacordaire stakeholders.
1. Manages strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation and relations.
2. Maintains contact with and develops grant proposals for individual, foundations and corporations.
3. Facilitate the Annual Appeal and Parent Giving Program.
Development Office Infrastructure
1. Creates office systems to support fundraising projects and operations
2. Supervises donor and gift record keeping.
3. Coordinates development research activities.
4. Oversees the management of databases and all records, files and gift processing.
5. Manages the pledge reminder and acknowledgement programs
1. Lead and assist the Parent Association and volunteers to plan and facilitate special events and other fundraising programs as needed.
Outreach and Marketing
1. Works closely with the Director of Admission and the Head of School to develop public relations and requisite advertising plan.
2. Oversees the cultivation and communication with alumni.
Board of Trustee Relations
1. Works with the Board of Trustees and the Head of School to develop an active Trustee Development Committee.
2. Develops fundraising training for Board members and other leadership volunteers.
Position Skills And Abilities
1. Commitment to the mission of Lacordaire Academy
2. Knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising, planned giving, and annual appeals
3. Compelling people skills
4. Organized and technologically competent
5. Ability and desire to work well with a team and contribute to positive morale in the community
6. A bachelor’s degree in a related field
7. Previous experience in professional fundraising
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org