Catholic School Employment Qualifications and Openings
- Commitment to the Catholic Church’s teaching mission and philosophy
- Dedication to a values-based education
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college
- A valid NJ State Certification or commitment to certification
- Ongoing commitment to students, parents, community, and profession
- Teaching experience a plus
Candidates must possess educational vision, leadership skills, organizational ability and interpersonal strengths. These leaders must be committed Catholics who can inspire faculty and staff, and engage parents and students in pursuit of both spiritual development and academic excellence.
Candidates must have the ability to create a high-expectations environment for teachers, students, and families. They must nurture a school culture where faculty and staff members work collaboratively to ensure student achievement.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Practicing Catholic
- Relevant experience in teaching and/or administration
- Earned Master’s degree in Education, preferably in school leadership
- NJ Teaching Certificate or its reciprocal
- NJ Principal Certification preferred or commitment to attain or its reciprocal
Current openings are listed below. Schools can list their openings with us, but they are not obligated to do so. Prospective teachers are free to contact any school directly. Please note that applications are to be sent as indicated below (e-mail, fax, etc) directly to the schools, not to the Archdiocese of Newark unless otherwise indicated.
Current Teacher Openings
High School IT Coordinator – familiar with Microsoft products, networks, and related technology. Must be attentive to detail and work well with teachers and staff. 12-month position.
St. Mary High School
64 Chestnut Street
Rutherford NJ 07070
Richard Bayhan, Principal
No openings this time
Certified Grade 4 Teacher
- Plan and deliver content for grade 4 classroom.
- Develop effective instructional strategies, interventions, and assessments that focus on curriculum standards and student needs.
- Create mid-term and final exams to assess student learning.
- Integration of technology through the curriculum.
- Collaborate with Professional Learning Community (grades 3-5), and look for opportunities to enhance curriculum with real world activities and projects.
- Focus on the integration of spiritual principles into all areas of the curriculum to strengthen student awareness of the love of God, and responsibility to self and others.
- Available for homework help after school if necessary.
- Other projects and activities as defined by school Principal.
- Please submit references and credentials with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Substitute Teacher Opening(s). Must have a minimum of 60 college credits, Protecting God’s Children certification, and substitute certification.
The Academy of Our Lady of Peace
99 South Street
New Providence, NJ 07974
Current Elementary School Principal Openings
No openings this time
Current High School School Principal Openings
No openings at this time